- Population lifestyle
- Aging population
- Increase in chronic diseases
This is being compounded by the financial stress from both public and private sources to support this demand for healthcare.
This is the context that is driving innovation in healthcare and one topic that features in this innovation is the use of Cloud based services – with its advocates and its challengers.
What's the use case?
Healthcare is one of the areas that was reviewed where the proposed Cloud infrastructure’ can play a role in the context of increasing demand for healthcare services generating huge volumes of data.
This review was started with a use case where the goal was to enable the easy exchange of a person’s health data between the person, family and different healthcare disciplines. The challenges to be resolved in this use case were clearly outlined in a video from VisionCloud;
- Trusted and transparent ownership of the data
- Secure storage of the data and facilitate ease of access when required
- Enable detailed analysis of data to facilitate better care services in an anonymised manner
View the VisionCloud video to understand the scope and goals of their research programme.
Is there a future for Cloud and Healthcare?
- The need for greater agility – in both process and technology – to meet regulatory needs
- The demand for analytics to help improve quality of care and financial effectiveness
- The growing increase in the use of mobile apps for wellness and healthcare
Answers on a postcard please to New Healthcare Services c/o the Big Cloud, on Open to Everybody Street.